2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop – Welcome!
Hello and thanks for popping into Talking Lunchbox Quilts for the 2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop! I am really excited to be a part of this Hop and have been having a ball checking out the other Hopper’s sites. So many beautiful quilts and awesome ideas!
I love the energy and fun of quilting. I made my first quilt about 8 years ago and haven’t stopped since. My point of entry was making house quilts. Freddy Moran was my teacher and biggest inspiration. One of her favorite sayings is to make houses that would shock the neighbors. I took that advice to heart!
Houses are fun to make – so are castles! A pink castle would surely shock the neighbors, don’t you think?
After making a bunch of house quilts – some wilder than others – I then got into making bird house quilts. Those were also really fun to make! If I was a bird, I would want to live in one of these crazy houses.
I also love to make sailboats. I started off following a pattern but after one quilt, I decided to make my own design – no measuring or fussy cutting. I like that much better! :)
I also like to play around with Steam A Seam. I get a giggle out of making stick people quilts – they are quite cooperative and willing to do anything. They’re just happy little devils! Tee-hee.
This is the quilt I used for my blog. I love all dot fabrics! They’re so bright and happy. A perfect match for my happy stick people.
Here are a few random things about me and quilting:
- I love using bright colors and fun designs to make people smile
- Giving quilts to family and friends makes me happy
- Taking classes and sewing with other people is so much fun
- Buying fabric is such a blast!
- Finding inspiration in unexpected places and ways is such a rush when it happens
- I like to listen to books while I am sewing – ranging from mysteries to romances
- I also like listening to music – usually R&B but I also like reggae and flamenco
- I am a firm believer in the power of silliness and sometimes I snort when I laugh🙂
One of my most recent quilts was inspired by a picture of a fiber art piece I saw in a magazine.
Thank you for visiting! I hope to get to know more of you!! OOXX
Here are more stops on our Blog Hop – please check out these very talented ladies!
Sarah @ Smiles Too Loudly
Vera @ Negligent Style
Michelle @ Michelle Bartholomew
Katie @ Good Golly Ginger
Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs
Jana @ Jana Machado
Karin @ Leigh Laurel Studios
Kim @ Ties That Bind Quilting
Yvonne @ Quilting Jet Girl